Holly Henschen is a freelance writer and editor with a bold background in journalism and communications. Her work has been published in international publications including U.S. News & World Report, The Wall Street Journal and Barron’s, as well as trade publications, news and industry sites, community newspapers and entertainment media.
Holly embarked on her journalism career as print gave way to web readership, allowing her to develop a deep and ongoing understanding of how to reach and impact readers through mediums from newspapers and newswires to websites and e-newsletters. She has years of experience as a community radio reporter and co-host on WORT Community Radio’s In Our Backyard, as well as a background in audio and video production.
Holly also grew up on a farm in Central Illinois, studied journalism and international relations and then moved to Costa Rica for the better part of a gap year before relocating to New York City, incidentally at the onset of what became known as The Great Recession. She now lives in Madison, Wisconsin, and enjoys cooking, reading, camping and being outdoors.
An experienced and enthusiastic communicator, Holly has written content for local organizations and businesses and worked in public relations. She has served as:
- Commodities reporter, Dow Jones Newswires
- Editor, Food Manufacturing magazine and FoodManufacturing.com
- Communications director, Wisconsin Newspaper Association
- Public information specialist, Cooperative Extension and Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development
- Education coordinator, International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association